We took an extended weekend and headed to Utah to visit Dustin's parents. On Friday we spent the day in downtown Salt Lake visiting Temple Square. The boys loved riding Trax! Saturday we spent the day in Capital Reef. It was amazing! There were super cool rock formations and petrogliphs from ancient Native Americans. The boys really liked walking around the colorful mountains. Britton found some lizard tracks and some water droplets on the cracked desert mud. Both boys also earned their Junior Ranger badges in the park. They had to see certain visitor points, collect garbage and observe things in nature. We even managed to get a picture as a family! I picked up my annual Christmas ornament too. I try to collect an ornament each year from our vacation or something to remember the year by. I was very excited to find one there. It was a really long drive home on Sunday, but we were all glad we had a chance to visit the reef.
Tuesday, October 5, 2010
Another weekend getaway- Capital Reef
We took an extended weekend and headed to Utah to visit Dustin's parents. On Friday we spent the day in downtown Salt Lake visiting Temple Square. The boys loved riding Trax! Saturday we spent the day in Capital Reef. It was amazing! There were super cool rock formations and petrogliphs from ancient Native Americans. The boys really liked walking around the colorful mountains. Britton found some lizard tracks and some water droplets on the cracked desert mud. Both boys also earned their Junior Ranger badges in the park. They had to see certain visitor points, collect garbage and observe things in nature. We even managed to get a picture as a family! I picked up my annual Christmas ornament too. I try to collect an ornament each year from our vacation or something to remember the year by. I was very excited to find one there. It was a really long drive home on Sunday, but we were all glad we had a chance to visit the reef.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment