So today Britton asked me how women get pregnant. I knew it would be coming soon because he had already asked me how babies got out. Good times. I'm still not sure if he gets it. We talked about all the technical stuff and he was not at all impressed that boys had to be part of the equation, or that testicles have a purpose. He told me he isn't going to get married so he doesn't have to have a baby. I'm going to remind him of that some day.
Then we talked about how not everyone that gets pregnant is married, but it is better to be married first because it is hard to be a single parent (I hadn't gotten to the adoption part yet and how hard that was). He's so smart though. He told me that is how we have birth mothers! Man, I love that kid! I love how he understands adoption. He is one smart little boy. He woke up yesterday and told me we should start a petition for adoption so kids could get adopted. I'm not sure what he was wanting to petition for, but he thought it was a good thing. He wants a new brother or sister pretty badly these days. He's talking about it more or more. He says he wants a sister, but he says he'll be happy with whatever we get. Benjer has a baby obsession too. He was around for all of our birds and bees talk, but he was completely oblivious. That's Benjer! Our kids are definitely originals!
Monday, August 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That's great!
Post a Comment